(LifeSiteNews) — Parents whose children go to a Barrie, Ontario, school are furious after condoms and a booklet about so-called “safer snorting” showing how to “safely” use cocaine and other drugs were made available to students by an advocacy group.
The “safer snorting” booklet and condoms came from the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), which recently gave the materials to the high school, Barrie North Collegiate Institute.
A Facebook group called “Barrie Concerned Citizens” showed the anger of parents about the booklets, who called them “despicable.”
“I do not know if the teachers and principal [are] aware but I sure hope complaints are made,” wrote James Buccos in the Facebook group earlier this week.
Buccos said that the snorting booklets are “absolutely despicable.”
“We have a serious drug problem as it is, and now this?” he added.
Buccos said he was “beyond disgusted” and that he was not “aware” of other high schools being given this. He urged parents to contact the school to complain.
The drug booklet incident comes after, as reported by LifeSiteNews, the provincial government of Ontario recently said that it was ending support for all remaining “hard drug” consumption sites. Alberta said it was also doing the same in shutting down such sites.
As reported by LifeSiteNews in December, the Canadian Department of Health confirmed that taxpayer dollars were used to fund the purchase of drug paraphernalia such as crack pipes and other items permitted under the Liberal government’s so-called “safe supply” program.
Records show that the Liberal government under former Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spent approximately $820 million from 2017 to 2022 on its “Canadian Drugs and Substances Strategy.” However, even the Department of Health admitted in a 2023 report that the Liberals’ drug program only had “minimal” results.
Despite this, Canada’s federal government renewed approvals for a hard drug injection site despite the provincial government pulling support for such sites and against the express advice of experts.
School apologizes for handing out drug booklet
Late last week, Buccos stated in another Facebook post that the school has apologized for the “safer snorting” booklets.
“CMHA is absolutely wrong in what they did,” he wrote.
“Thank you to all the parents who showed their support in standing up for our kids.”
On May 6, the school principal, Kim Hand, in a letter addressed to parents, said that representatives from the CMHA were indeed at the school and that there were “concerns” about it.
Hand apologized “for the concern this has caused.”
The CMHA, for its part, claimed that it does not want to “promote or normalize substance use among youth,” adding that it regrets that “unvetted materials were distributed in this context.”
In 2024, the Liberal government was forced to end a three-year drug decriminalization experiment in British Columbia that allowed people to have small amounts of cocaine and other hard drugs on hand without charge. Public complaints about social disorder skyrocketed during the experiment.
As reported by LifeSiteNews, Canada’s Health Department recently admitted that a Trudeau-era trial of allowing hard drug consumption was a disaster and led to a complete breakdown of public order in some locations.
Official figures show that overdoses went up during the decriminalization trial, with 3,313 deaths over 15 months compared with 2,843 in the same time frame before drugs were temporarily legalized.
News Source : https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/parents-outraged-after-safer-snorting-booklet-condoms-distributed-at-high-school/
Your post is being uploaded. Please don't close or refresh the page.